The pharmacy kiosk model is relatively new to the market, it’s no surprise that many people haven’t heard about the concept and are apprehensive about implementing it.
Medifriendrx® wanted to make this process easy to understand so clinics and hospitals can begin seamlessly integrating this technology into their services.
How it Started
With over 3 decades of experience building in-clinic pharmacies, our goal has always been to change the future of the pharmaceutical industry and to keep up with the ever increasing trends and demands. Beginning in 2015, medifriendRx® was born when our founder saw the non-adherence rate drop with on-site services. Health centers wanted on-site pharmacy services at all their locations, but the volume at most of these locations was not large enough to support the cost of an on-site pharmacy. Our goal was to create a faster, more convenient and efficient option.
Fast Forward to 2021, medifriendRx® is fully equipped and ready to deliver on it’s promise of helping patients and clinics automate healthy lifestyles by bringing pharmacies to the point of care.
How it Works
As a pharmacy-driven company, the engineers aimed to develop a workstation that successfully delivers prescribed medications without sacrificing pharmacy oversight. By combining automated Artificial Intelligence and cloud communication, we deliver a comprehensive pharmacy program across your entire healthcare ecosystem.
The medifriendRx® automated pharmacy kiosk system reduces prescription delivery in four simple steps specifically designed to make access to important medication less complicated and your patients’ lives easier.
Prescription for Success:
- Doctor Visit: A personalized prescription is written for the patient and is electronically submitted to the pharmacy via the Surescripts Cloud Prescription Delivery System.
- Pharmacist Processes the Order: The pharmacist processes the Rx order and then sends it through the Cloud Delivery System to the on-site medifriendRx Automated Dispensing Unit.
- Medications are selected, labeled & approved: The Rx is automatically selected, labeled, and approved by a Pharmacist who performs a drug utilization review (DUR).
- Rx Approved Release: The pharmacist approves and releases the Rx to the patient, and gives the patient a professional consultation if requested.
What Else Can medifriendRx® Do For You?
- Monthly Reconciliation: We regularly reconcile all prescriptions and payments in a clean, easy to understand statement each month.
- Tight Inventory Control: We keep a close eye on incoming and outgoing prescription inventory to ensure compliance and safety.
- Maintenance & Operations: We provide efficient and swift maintenance services, updates, and repairs as necessary to keep your medifriendRx running smoothly.
- Technical Support: We maintain a team of highly qualified technical support professionals to help resolve any issues or questions you may have about your unit immediately.
To learn more about how the MedifriendRx® pharmaceutical kiosk can help improve your healthcare business contact us directly at email@example.com.